Do you need a website for your small cleaning service that is just starting out? Definitely! It doesn’t matter what size or type of business you have. Considering that people spend a significant amount of time online, a business website is a must.
The demand for cleaning products and services rose tremendously during the pandemic. People became much more conscious of hygiene and cleanliness. You must take advantage of the market demand and a website can be very beneficial in this situation.
We reserved a whole section below on the benefits of having your own website. Now the question is – what is the most suitable website builder for your cleaning service? Leave it to us to give you some of the most noteworthy website-building platforms that you can try today.
Table of Contents
Benefits of a Business Website
There are a number of key benefits to having a website for your business. Here are some of them;
- Cost-effectiveness. Notice the proliferation of online stores and shops? The great thing about having a website is that it is multi-functional. It can be your gallery, catalog, product showcase, contact center, order fulfillment and payment hub, and many others. You drastically cut costs like rent, utility bills, physical displays, and full-time staff.
- Convenience. Setting up and maintaining a website is so much simpler compared to starting and managing a brick-and-mortar store. There are a thousand and one things to attend to with a physical shop. With a website, just pick the right template, add the content, and the website builder and hosting platform (usually packaged together) take care of keeping the site up and running.
- Accessibility. Not everyone can drop by your physical shop, but anyone can visit your virtual store through your website. Aided by your online marketing and engaging content, you can increase visitor traffic, grow your customer base, and make it easy for potential clients to reach you.
- Competitiveness. Having your own business website puts you up there in the race. Granting that there are millions of other sites wanting to get a share of the market, with your own website you give notice to all and sundry that you’re part of the competition, and they should watch out. On the other hand, the scenario is bleak without a website – you eat the dust left by your rivals.
- Credibility. Nowadays, a well-designed and carefully organized website is a mark of trustworthiness and reliability. It is an indication to visitors that your business means business and that it can be depended on with the products and services it provides.
- Online Presence. Your website is the online face of your business. It carries the personality and brings the brand of the business across the World Wide Web. Your online presence, therefore, must exude professionalism and follow a customer-centric approach. These will solidify your presence and grow your followers and customers.
Now that you’ve learned the advantages of owning a business website and want one, the next step is to build one. You would need a website builder.
What to Look For in a Website Builder
A sample cleaning services template from GoDaddy.
If it’s your first time building a site, it’s important to have a sufficient understanding of matters related to this endeavor. When it comes to website builders, it helps to factor in the following.
- Pricing plans. The cost should fit your budget. Some website builders offer free plans but you’ll find them quite limited with no room for growth. The best entry points for a small business are low-cost basic or starter plans that offer several features, numerous design templates, and scalable options once your business expands.
- Ease of use. Even with no coding or technical background, you should intuitively be able to use the website builder. Fortunately, these platforms are no rocket science. They’re built to be user-friendly with drag-and-drop tools and auto features.
- Functionality. Do you want your website to have a blog, an online store, SEO tools, ecommerce features, free SSL, free domain, and more? Do make a checklist and see if the pricing plan includes these as freebies or separate paid components. It’s nice to have several functionalities but read up on the fine print to avoid unpleasant surprises later on.
- Customer support. Your website is always on 24/7 and so should the customer support. It’s the most frustrating thing to have to call the website builder hotline and no one picks up or a bot asks you to press a series of numbers that lead to nowhere. Reliable customer support should be high on your list.
There may be other things but the above are some of the more important ones. Make a list of your specifications and compare these with what’s offered. You may not need the whole tools at the start, just the basics. But make sure the next higher plan has more advanced tools as you may require these later on.
Best Website Builders for Cleaning Businesses
Unlike website builders for photographers or creative professionals, there are no builder platforms specific to the cleaning industry. What you’ll get are website design templates for ecommerce, small business, or general services. If you sell cleaning products and offer cleaning services, a business website with a virtual store is more than enough.
That said, our line-up of website builders is the most popular that caters to a wide range of industries. They are some of the most cost-effective options in the market today. Their features can be tweaked to allow you to showcase and sell your services. Let’s get to know them.
Wix, as of March 2022, powers 7 million websites including 600,000 ecommerce stores. If it’s a business website or online store that you need, Wix got you covered. The things going for Wix are its easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, several online store features, and tons of design flexibility. Moreover, it has all the important tools you need to grow your business, making scalability a cornerstone offering of the website builder.
If you want something that’s easy to manage, Wix could be a good fit for you. With a whole array of tools and features, it does all the heavy lifting with its security features, SEO tools, backup and restore, and social media integration. Of course, everything begins with a design template, and Wix does not come up short on this with over 800 customizable templates you can tweak to highlight your cleaning service.
Wix offers several low-cost pricing plans grouped into two categories:
- Website Plans
These plans are ideal for presenting a professional site such as your professional cleaning services.
- Connect Domain – $4.50/month includes a custom domain, free SSL certificate, 1 GB bandwidth, 500 MB storage space, and 24/7 customer support.
- Combo – $8.50/month comes with custom domain, free 1-year domain, free SSL certificate, no Wix ads, 2 GB bandwidth, 3 GB storage, 30 minutes of video, and 24/7 customer support.
- Unlimited – $12.50/month consists of everything under Combo plus unlimited bandwidth, 10 GB storage, 1-hour video, free 1-year site booster app and visitor analytics app, and 24/7 customer support.
- VIP – $24.50 carries everything under Unlimited plus 35 GB storage, 5 hours video, professional logo, social media logo files, and priority customer care.
- Business & eCommerce Plans
All plans under this category carry features for secure online payments, customer accounts, custom domain, free 1-year domain, no Wix ads, and unlimited bandwidth.
- Business Basic – $17/month comes with 20 GB storage space, 5 hours of video, and 24/7 customer support.
- Business Unlimited – $25/month consists of 35 GB storage, 10 hours of video, and 24/7 customer support.
- Business VIP – $35/month includes 50 GB storage, unlimited video hours, customized reports, and priority customer care.
Weebly is a highly popular platform used by some 50 million websites around the world. Its wide usage can be attributed to its generous zero-cost plan and its budget-friendly premium packages. That is to say, you get value for your money. That said, it’s ideal for beginners or, in your case, a cleaning business that’s starting an online presence.
Weebly is noted for its drag-and-drop editor that is extremely easy to use, making site building a straightforward process. Putting elements such as buttons, forms, text boxes, and pictures is quite simple. And since it’s a “what you see is what you get” you have a clear picture of what your website will look like even before it goes live.
Weebly’s pricing plans are also divided into two categories – websites and online stores. Carefully consider your need for this because if you provide cleaning services and also sell cleaning products, then you might be better off with an online store. Note that al prices quoted are for annual payments.
- Free – free SSL security, 500 MB storage, Weebly branded domain, SEO. Lead capture and contact forms, community forum, chat, and email support.
- Connect – $5/month includes everything from the Free plan plus connect a custom domain.
- Pro – $12/month comprises everything from Connect plus unlimited storage, site search, shopping cart, accept payment through Square or third-party providers, advanced site stats, and phone support.
- Business – $25/month comes with everything from Pro plus item badges and options, inventory management, coupon codes, Square gift cards, automatic tax calculator, shipping calculator, item reviews, pop-up notifications, advanced ecommerce stats, and integrated shipping labels.
- Online Stores
- Pro – $12/month includes features from Pro websites.
- Business – $25/month includes features from Business websites.
- Business Plus – $38/month comes with all ecommerce and marketing features plus real-time shipping and abandoned cart emails.
Squarespace is another popular general-purpose builder that can be customized for your cleaning service. Nearly 4 million users rely on the site builder for stunning websites designed to market their business and sell anything. It offers dozens of templates in over a dozen industry categories. With a few design tweaks, yours can fit right in as a local business.
What distinguish Squarespace is its solid ecommerce offerings. Aside from selling goods through your online store, you can sell your services with a website designed to attract new customers. What’s more, people can book your services right from your website. A scheduling feature lets clients book their own appointments after viewing your availability – a convenient tool for a service-oriented business such as yours.
Squarespace’s pricing plans are on the higher end of the price spectrum but discounts of up to 30% are offered if paid annually.
- Personal – $23/month includes free custom domain (for 1 year if plan is purchased for the whole year), SSL security, unlimited bandwidth, 30 minutes of video storage, SEO, mobile optimized websites, 24/7 customer support, basic site metrics, third-party extensions, and limited access to Squarespace video studio app.
- Business – $33/month comes with everything in Personal plus complete customization, marketing features, fully-integrated ecommerce, gift cards, and selling unlimited products.
- Basic Commerce – $36/month includes everything from Business plus point of sale, product reviews, customer accounts, ecommerce analytics, and merchandising tools.
- Advanced Commerce – $65/month consists of everything from Basic Commerce plus abandoned cart recovery, sell subscriptions, advanced shipping, advanced discounts, and commerce APIs.
SITE123 has the most enticing promise – build your website in 1-2-3 easy steps. Get it? More than a play on its name, the company stands on its promise that you’ll have your website in no time. You can even have it for free, indefinitely. Yes, there are no time limits, you can have your website up in a jiffy and run it for as long as you want.
Those 3 steps involve selecting your website type (in your case a business), uploading your content (images, text info, etc.), and publishing the site (which takes less than an hour). That’s about it and you have your own live website. Of course, to build your online presence and establish your brand, you get SEO tools and, if you prefer, your own custom domain.
SITE123 has the simplest and lowest pricing plans. In fact, there are just two pricing plans and one of them is free. A 14-day money-back guarantee is offered.
- Free – comes with 250 MB storage space, 250 MB bandwidth, and subdomain.
- Premium – $5.80/month includes 1-year free domain, 10 GB storage, 5GB bandwidth, connect your domain, and online store.
Note that while the above plans seem too good to be true, the free one is definitely insufficient and the premium plan, depending on your needs, may still fall short. That is why there are also 4 “package plans” that you can upgrade to – Basic, Advanced, Professional, and Gold. SITE123 does not banner these on their pricing page nor do they specify rates for these packages which are tailored for different kinds of website users. In short, you have to contact them for more details.
GoDaddy is best known as a company that provides domain registration and web hosting. Now added to their services is website building through an all-in-one platform with built-in tools for email campaigns, social media marketing, and SEO. Its easy-to-use features are engineered to help you engage visitors and grow your business.
With simple and intuitive tools, the website builder is quite appropriate for beginners and budding businesses. You have a choice of hundreds of modern, responsive templates that you can fine-tune to reflect your type of business. With a focus on website security and robust marketing, you can be assured of a good start and a firm foothold in selling your services.
All three pricing plans of GoDaddy include SSL security, custom domain connection, on-the-go editing, 24/7 customer support, guidance and analytics, and branded content creator. Discounts from 16% to 34% are offered when you pay annually.
- Basic – $9.99/month comes with 1 social media platform, 5 social posts and responses per month, and 100 email marketing sends per month.
- Standard – $10.49/month comprises SEO, 3 social media platforms, 20 social posts and responses per month, and 500 email marketing sends per month.
- Premium – $14.99/month consists of SEO, unlimited social media platforms, unlimited social posts and responses, and 25,000 email marketing sends per month.
Gator is the website builder name of Hostgator, another established web hosting company. It boasts a load of ecommerce features including those for managing taxes, shipping, and inventory. When it comes to marketing you have the advantage of having automated emails, landing pages, integrated lead capture forms, and even your very own CRM, among other things.
There are several impressive features Gator lays on the table but the one thing that will get your attention is its intelligent website builder. It eliminates the need for you to browse through dozens of templates to find a good fit. Using smart technology, the builder automatically creates an industry-specific design and optimized layout so you don’t have to do all the legwork.
Gator’s pricing plans include an intelligent site builder, a free SSL certificate, and free domain (this last one requires you to sign up for a Gator hosting plan). Do check up on their pricing because they offer big discounts and introductory prices.
- Express Start – $3.84/month comes with 3 email campaigns per month and a 3-product online store.
- Express Site – $5.99/month includes 5 email campaigns per month, 10-product online store, appointment booking, and priority support.
- Express Store – $9.22/month consists of 10 email campaigns per month, unlimited product online store, appointment booking, priority support, and no transaction fees.
Zyro merges a website builder and an ecommerce platform to give you a business website that’s designed to sell your products or services. You can even sell not only on your online store but also on your connected social media pages. Its AI-powered management tools take care of the nitty-gritty such as taxes, shipping, inventory, etc. there are also multiple payment options so you can accept payments from anywhere.
It takes five simple steps for your website to go from zero to live – pick a business template, customize or personalize it, use AI tools to add branding (it has a convenient logo maker tool), connect your own domain or a new free one from Zyro, and then publish. You can then use marketing and SEO tools to grow your business.
A 30-day money-back guarantee comes with all Zyro plans. Big discounts of up to 75% are regularly offered, making Zyro’s plans among the most pocket-friendly.
- Website (for a personal website, blog, or professional portfolio) – $2.99/month includes free 1-year domain, free email for 3 months, marketing integrations, and 24/7 customer support.
- Business (for an online store with essential ecommerce tools) – $3.99/month includes everything from Website plan plus sell up to 100 products.
- Advanced Store (level up your business with potent marketing tools) – $15.99/month consists of everything from Business plan plus sell up to 2,50 products, Instagram and Facebook store, sell on eBay, sell in multiple languages, abandoned cart recovery, product filters.
Mozello can be considered a newbie in the industry having just started out in 2015 but we still included it in our listing because of its stripped-down, no bells and whistles approach to website building. Do you want a website fast and easy? Check. And you want it free? Check. Yes, that free plan is robust enough to get you started quickly and comes with its own payment and multilingual features, things found only in the highest-priced plan of other website builders.
Be aware though that Mozello does not use a drag-and-drop editor like Wix or Weebly. What it has is a layout editor that lets you arrange elements to personalize your website. Still, the first building block of your website is the template and Mozello offers four dozen of these. You can modify your chosen template to highlight your products or services.
Mozello’s pricing plans, even the Free plan, come with mobile device support, multilingual websites, marketing features, customizable designs, and SSL security.
- Free – includes 500 MB storage space, 5-product online store, accepts online payment, cash payment, and bank transfers.
- Premium – $10/month carries everything from Free plan plus free individual domain name, 50 GB storage, hide all Mozello references, change of website icon, redirect of pages, 15 products online store, and API.
- Premium Plus – $21/month comes with everything from the Premium plan plus unlimited storage, unlimited products, discount coupons, product import/export, order export, customizable emails, and customizable checkout forms.
Webnode was established in 2008 and has since, according to them, assisted some 40 million users set up their websites. The website builder caters to all types of websites – from a blog to a gallery, and a company site to an online store. You are offered preformatted templates where you choose the most fitting for your business. A user-friendly, one-click content editor lets you add the elements you want to be included in your website.
The website builder has all the essentials covered for a business website. It offers industry-level security and speed, email marketing features, modern and professionally-designed templates, website statistics, and even membership registration. Of course, you have 100% freedom to customize your website according to your specification.
Webnode’s premium plans are categorized into two – website and ecommerce. The former is for having a personal or professional website and the latter for an online store. All are offered at relatively low prices.
- Limited – $3.90/month allows you to use your own domain and comes with 200 MB storage, 1 GB bandwidth, premium support, form builder up to 5 fields, and site stats for the last 30 days.
- Mini – $7.50/month for 1-year free domain, 1 GB storage, 3 GB bandwidth, premium support, form builder, site stats, 1 email account, and background video.
- Standard – $12.90 carries everything in Mini plan plus 3 GB storage, 10 GB bandwidth, 20 email accounts, online store, no Webnode ads, Google Analytics and Adsense, 100 members registration, 2 languages, and 5 backups.
- Profi – $22.90/month includes everything in the Standard plan plus 7 GB storage, unlimited bandwidth, 100 email accounts, unlimited membership, unlimited language, and unlimited backup and recovery.
- Standard – $12.90/month comes with everything in the Website Standard plan plus online store, product import, and store analytics.
- Profi – $22.90/month carries everything from the Website Profi plan plus an online store, product import, store analytics, product search, product feed, product variants, conversion tracking, discounts, international shipping, and editing orders.
- Business – $31.90/month includes everything from the Ecommerce Profi plan plus 15 GB storage, manual orders, automatic invoicing, custom store email, and multiple currencies.
IONOS is a web hosting service that provides a website builder platform. With more than 30 years in the business, it has grown to be the biggest hosting company in Europe with 8 million customers. Just like hosting providers GoDaddy and Gator, offering a website builder is a natural business trajectory. The difference is that IONOS provides a full load of features at rock-bottom prices.
Over a dozen industry-specific templates are available such as restaurant, travel, photography, real estate, etc. You can fit your cleaning service right in the business niche. The good thing is that these web design templates are customizable so you can put in content that highlights your cleaning business. No coding skill is needed and you can whip up your own website in minutes through design flexibility and easy editing.
IONOS’ pricing plans are some of the most feature-filled packages at budget-friendly prices. They include high-quality templates, more than 17,000 royalty-free images, an optional online store, a free 1-year domain, professional email, SSL certificate, individual support, SEO tools and stats, online marketing, and ad-free, to name some.
- Starter – $1/month comes with a prebuilt layout, basic designs, color schemes, and sections for easy editing; and auto image optimization. If an online store is included, you get up to 500 products listing, product info importing, payment options, shipping and collection, marketing tools, store management, and the ability to sell on Facebook and Instagram.
- Plus – $5/month consists of everything from Starter plus business web apps, dynamic website content, customizable templates, social media integration, multilingual site, animations, photo galleries, blogging tools, up to 5,000 products listing, mobile apps, and sell on Google Shopping.
- Pro – $10/month for everything from the Plus plan and full listing of up to 10,000 products in your store.
Grow Your Business with a Great Website
A great website builder will not make a great website for you. It is up to you – your content, design, and presentation – to make it as compelling and engaging for your visitors or potential customers. People are not on your website to make a walk in the park and appreciate the colors or fonts you use.
Visitors chanced upon your website because they are searching for information about your services. So give them information in the clearest possible terms – your pricing, guarantees, service coverage, contact information, location, and other relevant and helpful content.
When you’ve proven your service and people have experienced how responsive and dependable you are, then your website will pay for itself. You’ll have repeat customers, referrals, and word-of-mouth. When your website is able to convert random visitors into paying clients then that’s when you have a great business website.