Salesforce is a cloud-based platform for business process management in sales, client service, and digital marketing.
Salesforce is number one on Fortune’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work for in 2018. It is a platform on which it is relatively easy to manage a big e-commerce company. It gives useful tools for both handlers and users. With SFCC, you can create regional online stores with easy-to-sell merchandise, easy order management, and end customer service without a giant effort.
As of 2016, Salesforce’s ecosystem contributed an estimated $398 billion to global GDP across the company’s 11 key markets. According to Salesforce, more than 150,000 companies of various sizes use its products. In 2018, Salesforce generated revenue of $13 billion. The company’s main product was and remains a customer relationship management (CRM) system. According to IDC, Salesforce has a 16.8% share of the worldwide CRM segment.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud offers a platform that lets merchants work seamlessly with digital streams without worrying about servers, security, and configuration.
The Advantages of Salesforce Commerce Cloud:
- SaaS model, with the help of which you could reduce the workforce through ubiquitous access to CRM;
- Intelligent data structure;
- One of the best user interfaces on the market;
- Full compatibility with major browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera, etc.);
- Quick startup of the created site;
- Easy management with a user-friendly guidance panel;
- Efficient personnel management (you can always track your employees’ activity: calls, emails sent, etc.).
Salesforce skills pay off in such roles as SFCC Administrators; SFCC Developers; SFCC Consultants, etc.
Skills Salesforce Certified Commerce Cloud Digital Developer Should Have
- Storefront reference architecture (SFRA) experience
- Solid JS, HTML, CSS/SASS skills
- Solid experience with jQuery or a comparable library
- Development of cartridges and controllers, ISML templates
- Familiarity with common e-commerce terminology and functional items
- OCAPI integration experience, real-time data sharing with web services
- Conversational and written English level of Upper-Intermediate or higher
Below is an example of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) developer:
Why a Developer Should Choose Salesforce:
- All the servers, code, and database turn into Cloud. All you have to do to develop is create a free account and work in your browser.
- Prebuilt Salesforce API solutions.
- All code runs only in the cloud, no need to worry about deploying a local development environment on your computer.
- The infrastructure is constantly updated, everything can be kept up to date with Salesforce Release Notes.
- Built-in authorization and access rights settings.
- The platform for using CRM on mobile devices is Salesforce1.
- AppExchange store of out-of-the-box solutions.
- Salesforce takes first place in the rating of the most popular CRM systems. And that means the demand for Salesforce specialists will grow.
Overall, the Salesforce Commerce Cloud provides a complete package solution for the daily operations of an e-commerce company’s business. There is an opportunity to start working on the Internet fairly fast and develop your business, attracting more and more customers.
5 Benefits Salesforce Commerce Cloud Can Bring for BusinessTo
Salesforce offers many ways to individualize user interactions and marketing strategies to engage the target audience. Years ago, this could only be accomplished by a data scientist. Hiring a Salesforce development team is a great move for your business.
In addition, you can link your clients’ experiences to every interaction point and both digital and physical sales feed you use.
Doing so allows businesses to get a full picture of each of their customers’ interactions with their brand There is the ability to see every move – from the moment a client found a company, to the time and way they bought products or services, to if they are still interacting with that particular business.
In addition, Salesforce Cloud Commerce also uses complex artificial intelligence technology to help you better understand your customers’ behavior.
With the start of the quarantine, the world went online and the Internet has become a lifeline for many businesses. For example, according to Salesforce’s Q1 Shopping Index this April, the number of unique online shoppers nearly doubled (by 40%) when compared to last year. Revenue from online stores that offer buy online and pick-up in-store (BOPIS – buy online, pick-up in-store) grew 27% in the first quarter. The way and format of shopping began to change. In July, Salesforce released its second-quarter Shopping Index, which showed that the number of online shoppers remained consistently high despite the opening of many physical (offline) stores. The company predicts e-commerce will continue to grow even as all offline stores open and the pandemic goes away.
So, online commerce is growing, demands for e-commerce stores are increasing from both businesses and consumers, and the demand for quality and reliable e-commerce solutions (online stores, apps) is growing too. Given the scale of Salesforce, the large suite of business services, and the constant expansion of its technology service line, there’s a lot of work ahead for Salesforce programmers. During the pandemic, various industries suffered (travel business, transportation sector, etc.), and online commerce is at its peak.